Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lehman brings my portfolio down; Great Singapore sale

Global events do affect me and my portfolio. This is something that I have learnt.
Just look at what the whole US housing crisis has done to my portfolio. The storm sure looks to continue to batter stocks down for the next few months to come.

Since I cannot predict when the bottom is, I will continue my strategy of investing for dividends.

Firstly, what does S Chandra Das, Liew Mun Leong have in common?

Answer, they are both directors for Ascott REITs and have bought Ascott REIT shares through open market purchase from Jun to Jul 08. What do they know that I don't know?

Well, guess I will go with them. Except that I am buying at a much lower price and in a much smaller qty. Will enter into Ascott REITs tomorrow considering that the yield is a whopping 11.74%! Is this yield sustainable? I hope so..

Next is NOL. Good stock with low PE ratio. Okay, I shall enter into this stock tomorrow too.

Cheap stocks with good value for money and a reasonable yield.

Remember though, what is low now can still go much lower.

So don't follow me...Enter at your own risk

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List